Wednesday, January 28, 2009

New Creation

Our kitchen remodel is done ! yay! The new floor went in quickly which was great because all of our den and kitchen furniture was store in my living room and dining room [turned into library room]. Our Disney collections had to be taken out of the safety of their large curio so it could be moved, so the lined my book shelves until they could be moved back into the entry hall again. That was pretty unnerving for me, I am a klutz so moving all those pieces was a very slow and careful process! Not one piece got broken, thank heaven. So I can breath easier.
The guys that installed our new floor looked like teenagers to me,[ is this what is called getting old? will I be calling them sonny soon?yikes} but they were very good at their job, except for the chalking around the bases boards. My husband is obsessed with chalking, oh and did I mention I am married to a perfectionist? I have always joked that he is Felix Unger [from the odd couple] and I am Oscar? is that right? Anyway, I am not that bad but my husband is pretty dog gone close to Felix. So the next day he couldn't stand it and re chalked the entire thing. He could hardly walk the next day but it does look good.
The real kicker was the granite, which I thought would be the easier part [which I shouldn't do when it comes to things out of my area of expertise] First the men who came to install the granite were Chinese they didn't speak hardly any English. Which was kind of scary not being able to talk to one another but thankfully the owner came and stayed through the whole thing. Four days later we have an amazing new kitchen. The good news is I was able to get some real work done during this turmoil , that makes me very happy.

I finally finished my first Easter piece for 2009. Her name is Spring and she stands 8 inches tall. She is a paper clay sculpted piece. This is the first time I have used doll eyes for one of my pieces at least mechanical open and close eyes with lashes!! I have given her a tiny woven basket in which she carries tiny hand made flowers one German mushroom from spun cotton green Polk a dot top , one pink Easter egg and one purple. I love her skirt with it's full tutu style! The tiny flowers are plumerias made from clay so cute! I will be listing her with weekend on EBay.

I will posting pictures of the kitchen tomorrow, after I de-clutter them, getting ready for a show so things are stacked the kitchen for pricing. Bye for now.

No comments:

American Holiday Artists

American Holiday Artists
Ebay Art Group I belong to visit us to see all of our members creations

Phineas Birthday Surprise

Phineas Birthday Surprise
SOLD

Hawaii in early Dec

Hawaii in early Dec
North side of Oahu

Earlier this week

Earlier this week

Old World Santa Glass eyes

Old World Santa Glass eyes
Gourd

Snow Dec 2008

Snow Dec 2008

Snowflake Santa Gourd

Snowflake Santa Gourd
ex large gourd sculpted

Mirek's sculpt

Mirek's sculpt
HUH??

Mirek's updated version

Mirek's updated version

Victorian look Christmas Angels AHA/Adsg folk art Ooak

Victorian look Christmas Angels  AHA/Adsg folk art Ooak

Smoking Pipe & Red/Blk Santa's

Smoking Pipe & Red/Blk Santa's
Gourd Art

Mad Hatters Teapot

Mad Hatters Teapot
Just listed on Ebay

Christmas Snowman

Christmas Snowman

Fall Celebreate 365 is out!!

Fall Celebreate 365 is out!!
Be quick and grab yours! this book is amazing!

Jingle Bell Santa 2008

Jingle Bell Santa 2008